In case you use a wheelchair, a cane or a walker to walk or if you are visually impaired or hard of hearing, then there are a few things that you have to answer for yourself like will you be taking a train or flying? Where will you stay?
Special Equipment that You May Need
- You have to determine which part of your trip will involve any special equipment. You must call the airline companies when your trip gets finalised so that you can discuss some special accommodations with them.
- In case you will be carrying a wheelchair along, then you have to find out where it will be stored while onboard the flight from Phoenix to Delhi.
- You must also enquire if you will be able to get a wheelchair at the airport you land so that you do not need to carry one on board the flight.
In Case You have to Travel with Oxygen
- If you have to travel with oxygen, then there are some additional logistics that have to be taken care of.
- You need to do some planning ahead of time like check with the airlines if there are any different policies that they follow.
- The airlines do not allow a home-filled oxygen concentrator on the plane but some airlines may allow an empty container to be carried on board.
- You can carry a portable concentrator which meets the airline requirements and will be available for your flight as well as wait time at the airport.
- You will need to carry a prescription for oxygen by your doctor approving you for ait travel.
- Airlines may charge you some extra fee so, it will be a better idea to book a direct flight rather than going in for the multiple ones.
Checking with the Hotels
- You must speak with someone to discuss your needs and preferences.
- Be aware of the fact that you may have to face challenges since you will be staying in hotels outside your home country.
- You can also request to have a refrigerator in your room in case you are carrying some medicines that need to be refrigerated.
- There are also some companies that specialize in arranging travel for people with disabilities. These can help you in a great way to select the hotel that is ideal for you.