Kerala is the ultimate destination for the overseas tourists. It is beautifully located with the Western Ghats on its east and on the west is the Arabian Sea. The place is rightly called God’s own country as it has beautiful surging hills of Munnar and Vagamon, the lovely palm beaches of Kovalam and Varkala, the stunning wildlife and beautiful bird sanctuaries. Kerala also boasts of some wonderful geographical features and diverse cultures. You can get cheap flight tickets from New York to Chennai to visit this captivating state in India.
Here is a List of the Locations that You Must Not Miss While in Kerala:
World Famous Tropical Beach of Kovalam
- The tropical beach of Kovalam has a lovely and tranquil atmosphere and a long coastal area.
- It is located at a distance of 16 kilometres from Thiruvanthapuram and enjoys an ideal location for watching the sunset and the sunrise.
- There are special Ayurvedic massages that one can indulge in at the Ayurvedic parlours on the beach.
The Beautiful Hill Station of Munnar
- The hill station of Munnar used to be the summer resort of the British administration.
- It has a height of 1600 metres above sea level.
- It has stunningly beautiful tea gardens which give it a soothing ambience.
- Munnar is the ideal place for those who wish to spend good time in the lap of Mother Nature.
Bekal Fort Beach
- The Bekal Fort beach is also called the Pallikere Beach.
- It offers magnificent views of the ancient Bekal fort.
- It is a relaxing location where you can rejuvenate your mind, body and soul and also capture the beauty of the place in your camera.
Periyar National Park
- The Periyar national park is located in Thekkady in Idukki and is open to tourists all throughout the year.
- It is home to a large number of species of rarely found wild animals.
- You can get to enjoy a 30-minute elephant safari which the sanctuary is well-known for.
- Kumarakom is a group of islands on the bank of the Vembanad Lake.
- It is a stretch of the Kerala’s backwaters and also has a beautiful bird sanctuary.
- You can also get to enjoy a house boat ride in the lake and the sightseeing through the blue backwaters of the Vembanad Lake.
- Thissur is renowned for its Pooram festival which occurs in the month of April.
- It is a famous Hindu festival and attracts many international tourists.
- This festival showcases the various colours, sounds and also the traditional and modern art forms.
- There are a number of elephants which are decorated for this festival.
Kerala is also a famous destination for honeymooners and is a perfect holiday getaway for those who are nature lovers. Plan a trip to this beautiful holiday destination and make a lifetime of memories.