Diwali, also known as the festival of lights is that time of year which sees people of all backgrounds and ages come together as one entity to celebrate the most awaited occasion. This bright festival symbolizes prosperity and wealth. The deity of wealth, Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped and people pray for prosperity and success in the coming year. Giving gifts to relatives and friends is an age old tradition during Diwali. It has been going on from many years. The last minute holiday deals can be easily grabbed from various travel portals so that one can enjoy diwali with their loved ones. Also, online hotel booking can be done to ease the accommodation booking.
Here are some reasons why gifts form an integral part of this festival:-
1. To Show Love and Affection- Nowadays, due to our busy routines, we rarely get time to express our feelings. Diwali is the perfect time to show your love and affection by giving gifts to your near and dear ones. Diwali gives you the right opportunity to convey your feelings and care to the people you are close to.
2. To Acknowledge and Say Thanks- Life is a roller coaster ride with ups and downs. There are so many situations that we face in the course of our lives. These are the times that we need support and stability from the people close to us. In our bad times, the people who stand by us make us feel indebted towards them. Giving them Diwali gifts is an ideal way to appreciate their support during our turbulent times.
3. To Toughen Existing Relationships- Every relationship needs to be taken care of. With time, you need to nurture your bonds to avoid them from becoming weak with time. All relations, whether personal or professional, have to be strengthened to withstand the test of time. A thoughtful Diwali gift is the perfect way to toughen up tour ties.
4. To Develop New Relationships- Offering gifts is a great way to build new relationships. Man lives in a society and needs people around him, both professionally and personally to survive. Diwali time is a great period to gift Diwali goodies and make long-lasting alliances with people.
5. To Appreciate Efforts- Diwali gifts are great to show appreciation of people’s efforts. It is important to appreciate people for what they do for you. Whether it is your mother, sister or wife who takes care of you all the time, or your father, brother or husband who provides you will all that you need, or your helpers at home, or employees in your company, everybody needs and yearns for appreciation. You should make them feel that you genuinely appreciate their efforts. A suitable Diwali gift will make them feel important and strive to perform better in the future.
This festival of lights is the most awaited event in October this year. People are high on their preparations and zeal. Whatever the reasons of giving gifts may be, it shows a beautiful gesture that conveys concern and appreciation for others’ feelings and efforts. So, go ahead and experience the joy of gifting on this Diwali. Wish you all a very happy and prosperous Deepawali!